Search

Mumbai Airport Aims to Reduce its Carbon Footprint - towards Net Zero Emmissions

Updated: Nov 19

Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (CSMIA) has entirely switched to green sources for its energy consumption needs, making it one of India’s 100 per cent sustainable airports.


Net Zero Emissions

The airport aims to reduce its carbon footprint and move ahead in the journey of ‘Net Zero’ emissions. CSMIA, which was also the first in India to launch hybrid technology that solely runs on green energy procures around 5 per cent of the airport’s electricity requirement through its onsite solar generation and the rest 95 per cent from other green sources such as hydro & wind energy.



"Put simply, net zero refers to the balance between the amount of greenhouse gas produced and the amount removed from the atmosphere. We reach net zero when the amount we add is no more than the amount taken away. But how can we achieve this and why does it matter?" - NationalGrid

...into a sustainable future?

CSMIA, as per its vision, has prepared a roadmap to achieve “Net Zero Carbon Emission” by 2029 in order to usher into a sustainable future.


Green energy is a solution to greater sustainability in our power grid,
Green energy is a solution to greater sustainability in our power grid



"We are extremely delighted to achieve this key milestone in our journey towards attaining a sustainable future for CSMIA. The diligent efforts of the airport in undertaking several thoughtful initiatives have paved the way to achieve this feat. As CSMIA aspires to become net-zero by 2029, this landmark event further encourages us to stay committed to our efforts in enhancing the operational efficiency of the airport while operating on fully renewable energy". - CSMIA Spokesperson

into a sustainable future with Mumbai Airport
into a sustainable future with Mumbai Airport

A great product, in line with sustainability, is Ubreathe Mini which keeps in mind the importance of a sustainable future while helping us breathe clean air indoors.


With Ubreathe Mini, improve the quality of the air you breathe while being mindful of environmental waste. This one-of-a-kind product is made with 100% renewable and natural materials.


Unlike other air purifiers which demand a change of filter every 2-3 months, Ubreathe Mini comes with an Organic Pre-filter so there is no hassle to change mechanical filters. Ubreathe.in #sustainability #GOGREEN #green #environnement #sustainabledevelopment #RenewableEnergy buff.ly/2MJ8EnD

3 views0 comments